The International Passenger Terminal is ia big mall, Harbourfront Center, beside Vivocity Mall. There is a MRT stop, Harbourfront, conveniently located here.
Link to information on how to get to Harbourfront, maps and cruise schedules.Marina Bay Cruise Centre is located at Marina South Pier. MRT station providing convenient access to the city located 600m away from the cruise terminal along a sheltered walkway. Link to Cruise schedule, maps and directions.
Some recommended Singapore Walking Tour - National Geographic
Chinatown, The Padang, Little India Temples
- Orchard Road - This area spans three MRT stops and has a high concentration of modern malls. MRT Dhoby Ghaut, Somerset and Orchard.
- Gardens, Parks & Nature - Singapore is a city nestled amid lush greenery found along our roadside and parks.
Close to the city centre is the Singapore Botanic Gardens, spanning an area of 74 hectares. With a heritage of more than 150 years, the Gardens has been popular with both residents and overseas visitors. Link here.
- Merlion - This half lion, half fish fountain is the symbol of Singapore. The original one is downtown (MRT Raffles Place) with a copy on Sentosa Island.
- Chinatown - This area is full of outdoor markets and restaurants. Sample some bakkwa and visit the Hindu temple. MRT Chinatown.
- Marina Bay Sands - This brand new complex features a rooftop swimming pool and observation deck. The swimming pool is only for guests but the observation deck is open to the public. The casino is in the large mall across the street. MRT Bayfront (opened Jan 2012) or walk across the Helix bridge from MRT Promenade. Wonder Full, a free water and light show takes place every evening. Link here
- Gardens by the Bay - Opened in 2012, these gardens near Marina Bay Sands include conservatories and covered domes.
- Sentosa Island - This area includes Universal Studios, a casino, beaches, restaurants and many tourist attractions. The top attractions are Fort Silo and Underwater World. The free Crane Dance show is held every evening at Resorts World. A Fun Pass is available for discounts if you want to see lots of attractions and there is a 2 day option with Universal Studios admission. Various ways to get to Sentosa including the monorail from Vivocity, cable car from Harbourfront or bus. Link here.
- Little India - come to this neighborhood for authentic Indian food
- Kampong Glam - middle eastern area centered around Sultan Mosque near Bugis. Pedestrian only Bussorah St is the main tourist destination here running between the mosque and Baghdad St.
- Singapore Zoo - This world class zoo is one of Singapore's top attractions. You'll need to take the MRT to Ang Mo Kio and then bus 138 or MRT to Khatib and then taxi to get here. Night safaris are also offered in the evening.
- Singapore Flyer - This large ferries wheel offers sweeping views of Singapore. There is a 60's hawker themed food court here as well. Link here.
- More information at yoursingapore.com
You won't have trouble finding a shopping mall in Singapore. Orchard Road has a high concentration of malls.
Bugis Street houses almost 800 shops, and is the largest street shopping location in Singapore. MRT Bugis EW12